E-Eye: Treatment for Dry Eye Syndrome
E-Eye is a new treatment available at Broadhurst Optometrists which can provide long-term relief from the symptoms of Dry Eye Syndrome. Millions of people suffer from the symtoms of Dry Eye which can range from slight discomfort to unbearable, stingy and gritty eyes. It occurs mainly due to a gland dysfunction (Meibomian Gland Dysfunction) which causes the vital oil layer of our tears to become not only thinner that it normally should be, but also unstable. This can create exessive evaporation of the tears or an insufficient production of them.
- Gritty sensation
- Difficulty driving at night
- stinging sensation
- stringy mucus in or around the eyes
- difficulty wearing contact lenses
- Difficulty working on computers
- Temporary blurred vision which clears after blinking
How it works
E-Eye is a system that uses patented Intense Regulated Pulsed Light. The light emitted is calibrated at the exact frequency required to stimulate the meibomian glands to function normally. This succesfully restores the lipid layer as the tear film has now formed a resistance to evaporating quickly.
- 60% of patients who have had the treatment say results can last up to three years.
- Clinical studies have shown over 86% satisfaction rate after the first two treatments.
- 55% of patients say they don’t need to use eye drops anymore.
- 97% of patients say they would recommend the treatment.
If you would like to go ahead with the E-Eye treatment, we will initially go through a brief questionnaire with you to discuss your options and to confirm that you are suitable for the process. You will then be booked in for an assessment with one of our optometrists, this will determine your level of dry eye and whether or not it is caused by Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. Although this is the most common cause of dry-eye, it is still important to undergo this process before recommending E-Eye to you.
If you would like to know more: Read our blog here.
We carry out four E-Eye treatments at four intervals: (days 1, 15, 45 and 75).
If you are suitable for the treatment we can carry out the first treatment on the day of your assessment.
- Initial assessment cost is £75
- Treatment cost £520
For more information please give us a call on either 01772 822591 (Preston) or 01253 734791 (Lytham). Alternatively you can drop us an email at: email@example.com.