As our lifestyles are ever-changing, so to is spectacle lens technology. New advances bring new solutions to our eyewear needs. From advanced anti-fog lens coatings to lenses designed specifically for the demands of driving, there is an almost endless choice of options.
As an independent opticians, we are able to offer you the widest range of lenses including Nikon, Zeiss, Essilor and Hoya. We can recommend the very best lens options to suit your prescription, lifestyle and budget.
Lens options include:
- Thin and light lenses – up to 50% thinner than a standard lens
- Impact resistant materials – ideal for rimless glasses
- Freeform varifocal technology – individually designed varifocals to increase clear viewing angles and reduce distortion.
- Computer specific lenses – vocational lenses perfectly suited to the demands of an office environment.
- Transitions lenses – the latest generation of photochromic lens.
- Sport specific tints – designed to give you that extra edge in your chosen sports.
- Polarised sunglasses – to significantly reduce glare.
- Drivewear technology – lens technology that combines a photochromic lens with polarisation. These lenses adapt their depth of tint depending upon the amount of visible light (not uv light as with conventional photochromics). They are perfectly suited for driving.
- Anti-Glare/Anti-scratch coatings – some coatings include a dust/oil repellent layer, an anti-fog treatment and even a 2 year guarantee against scratching.
Our eye care plans mean that even the best lenses available become more affordable.
Knowing exactly which lens/ combination of lenses is right for you can be daunting with such a wide choice on offer. Our eyewear consultations have been designed to for this reason. At an eyewear consultations we can assess you prescription and lifestyle to recommend the very best options to suit your budget. This could be varifocals for shopping, contact lenses for social occasions, thin and light lenses for high prescriptions, whichever option is recommended, it will be individually recommended for your specific needs.
Following an eye examination at Broadhurst Optometrist, should you want new glasses, we will always provide an eyewear consultation. Alternatively, if you already have an up to date prescription (usually within 2 years), you can book an eyewear consultation free of charge.
Visioffice at our Preston practice.
Our Preston practice offers Visioffice technology. This technology allows us to capture video images of our clients wearing 4 different frame styles and then play the videos back to help with frame selection. This is ideal for everyone, especially when vision is not as good once your own glasses are removed.
This is not the main feature of the technology however. Visioffice is the first all-encompassing 3D measuring system that allows us to obtain, with extreme accuracy, every possible measurement required for today’s personalised lenses. Visioffice measures ‘eyecode’, this is a breakthrough at the forefront of innovation. The ‘eyecode’ parameter is based on pinpointing the exact Eye Rotation Centre that is unique in every individual, delivering a truly tailored measurement that is quick and easy to determine and is highly accurate.